At Inspire there was the announcement of a new product ‘Microsoft 365’. At the enterprise level this replaces ‘Secure Productive Enterprise’ which has been available in E3 and E5 SKUs. Microsoft 365 includes Office 365, Enterprise Mobility and Security as well as Windows 10 Enterprise. So not much new so far aside from a new name… However there is a new option for the small business level. Office 365 Business Premium, Enterprise Mobility and Security and Windows 10 Enterprise have been combined to form Microsoft 365 Business.
The Business product does of course have some limitations
- It is only available for up to 300 licenses (just like Office 365 Business plans)
- The Enterprise Mobility and Security is a cut down/simplified version. So you can have Conditional Access but you won’t have minute granular control over settings and rules
The good news is that it goes into Public Preview from August 2nd, which generally means that the subscriptions are free for the duration of the public preview (and of course you may have to put up with some niggles) after which it reverts to around the US$20 per license.
Over and above the new product announcement, Microsoft also announced some additions to the Office 365 Business Premium and Microsoft 365 Business suites:
- Microsoft Connections: A simple-to-use email marketing service
- Microsoft Listings: An easy way to publish your business information on top sites
- Microsoft Invoicing: A new way to create professional invoices and get paid fast
- MileIQ: a mileage tracking app
If you are interested in finding out more then please contact us at email@example.com